Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Relaxing, Lazy, Restful Day....

Today was supposed to be a lazy day. Brian is still sick and I've been tellin him he needs to rest, but apparently he just doesn't have it in him. So today..... he was going to rest. As I'm sure you can guess.... that didnt happen!!! Well I guess it sort of happened. At 3pm today we'd made, eaten and cleaned up from breakfast.... and that was it!!!!! So I guess that counted for our resting for the day.

Out here at Matt's, they don't pick the garbage up. So we have a pile of plum full garbage bags in the basement waiting for someone to do something with them. Brian and Matt come up with the wonderful idea to burn it.... so Brian cuts the top of some steel barrell and hammers holes in it with some kind of skinny ax and starts burning our garbage.

In the meantime I'd decided it was time for all of Maggies clothes and toys that have still not been unpacked (Brian moved into Matt's in DECEMBER) to find thier place in Maggie's room. So I lugged her clothes up into her room, only to go through them and realized 87% of them will not fit her now or in the summer (if they were shorts). Do I hear donation to the daycare????

So I put away her clothes that the poor kid will actually be able to wear, and boxed up the ones we are giving away. While I'm in the process of this, I hear a chainsaw reving outside. I tell myself it must be Kenny- Matt's neighbor- cutting something up. I look out the window and see who but BRIAN cutting up a tree that has fallen in the yard. Please keep in mind that Brian has pnemonia.... Naturally I am thinking what a dumb***. So theres Brian, not only cutting up the tree with a chain saw but splitting it as well with this ax thing. *For those of you who have never had the pleasure of splitting wood by hand, its very hard work, especially for someone who can't even freakin breath* But thats just Brian, I guess in a way its good, one thing I can say for the guy is he's not lazy.

So I get Maggie's clothes and toys moved into her room and put away. I had found some things that you can sit hot pots on in one of the boxes so I was looking for somewhere in the kitchen for it to go. I open a few drawers, and this one has a clump of stuff it in. Like torn paper and what looks like hair balls. I though "what the heck in Matt doing with all this crap" as I pick up the wad of who knows what a freaking mouse jumps out of the drawer and on to the floor in the kitchen. Naturally I SCREAM, run to the window and hollar down to Brian and Kenny who are outside (still burning garbage) that WE HAVE A MOUSE!!!!!

So now Brian's in the shower, and I updating you on our relaxing, lazy, restful day. We're gonna go grab a bite to eat, pick up a few things from Kroger for Teresa, and get a bundle of mousetraps so I'll actually be able to sleep at night!!!

Peace

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like you had a very uneventful day. :] I love keeping up with your day to day goings on. Keep them coming! love ya

Hers and His said...

Bahaha! I would have loved to have seen you when that mouse jumped out! Chris HATES rodents! I don't mind them so much...remember my pet hamster, Peaches? :)

I'm going to assume that by mousetraps you mean sweet little cages that you lure them to and then you will release them back into the wilderness with a tummy full of cheese. If not, I don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss :) haha


Brian and Me on my birthday!!!